CLAUSE


Assalamu’alaikum warrahmatullahi wabarokatuh happy readers J

Well back to Upi’s blog! Today we are going to get the matreial about CLAUSA. Clausa adalah sekumpulan kata yang terdiri dari subjek dan predikat.

Before that, have you prepared your note and pen ? Yes, we have.

Ok let’s break this lesson out!

Klausa dibagi menjadi dua ,yaitu induk kalimat (independent clause) dan anak kalimat (dependent clause).

Independent  clause (induk kalimat): kalimat utama yang dapat berdiri sendiri dan akan dijelaskan oleh sub clause.

Dependent clause (anak kalimat): anak kalimat yang tidak dapat berdiri sendiri dan biasanya menjelaskan induk kalimat.

Clausa dibagi menjadi 3, yaitu:

1.       Adjective clause

2.       Noun clause

3.       Adverbial clause



1.       Adjective clause

Adjective clause adalah anak kalimat yang  berfungsi sebagai kata sifat (adjective) yang fungsinya menjelaskan noun.

                Main clause : kalimat yang mengandung kata benda (noun) atau pronoun yang akan dijelaskan.

Sub clause : kalimat yang mengandung pronoun yang merujuk pada noun utama pada main clause.

Adjective dibagi menjadi 3, yaitu:

a.       Relative pronoun as subject

b.      Relative pronoun as object

c.       Relative pronoun as possessive

d.      Relative pronoun as adverb



a.       Relative pronoun as subject

Conjunction:

Who      : subject orang

Which   : subject benda

That       : subject orang/ benda

Contoh:

1)      The girl is my sister.

She is standing there.

The girl who is standing there is my sister.

2)      My English book is mine.

It is on the table.

The English book which is on the table is mine.

b.      Relative pronoun as object

Conjunction:

Whom  : object orang

Which   : object benda

That       : object orang/ benda

Contoh :

1)      Marry is my girlfriend.

I always visit her every week.

Marry whom I always visit every week is my girlfriend.

2)      The chair is brown.

I bought it last week.

The chair which I bought last week is brown.

c.       Relative pronoun as possessive

Conjunction:

Whose                  : orang dan benda

Of which              : benda

Contoh:

1)      The book is mine. Its cover is blue.

The book whose cover is blue is mine.

The book cover of which is blue is mine.

The book cover of is blue is mine.

2)      I have a beautiful friend.

I borrow her bags.

I have a beautiful friend whose bag I borrow.

d.      Relative Adverb

Conjunction:

Adv of place

Where

(prep) which

Which (prep)

That (prep)

 Adv of time

When

Prep + which

That

Adv of reason

Why

Adv of manner

How

Contoh:

1)      The school is big.

I always study at that place.

The school where I always study is big.

The school at where I always study is big.

2)      The day was unhappy day.

you went away on that day.

The day when you went away was unhappy day.

3)      I never know the reason.

Why did she leave me?

I  never know the reason why she left me.

4)      I want to know the way.

How did you get your success?

I want to know the way how you got your success.



2.       Noun clause

a.       Definition: Noun clause adalah kalusa yang menggantikan kata benda dalam suatu kalimat.

b.      Functions:

Subject

Subjective complement

After anticipatory it

Object of verb

Object of preposition

c.       Kinds:

1)      Statement

Conj: that (bahwa)

Statement

a)      Sebagai subject

That I know the news is very suprising.

The he loves me is the fact.

b)      Subjective complement

My surprise is that I know the news.

The fact is that he never loves me.

c)       After anticipatory it.

(It + be + Adj/ N)

It is suprising that I know the news.

It is wonder that he visited Canada again.

d)      Object of verb

I admit that i am missing him now.

Tino realizes that his girl friend will not come back again.

e)      Object of preposition

They figure out that have spent a lot of money here.

2)      Yes/ No Question

Conj                       : If, If.... or not

                                  Whether, whether.... or not

Meaning              : apakah, apakah........ atau tidak.

Contoh                

a)      Subject of verb

If she is not coming here or not doesn’t make me confused.

Whether I find my lost wallet is the problem.

b)      Subjective complement

The main problem is whether we will join the competition or not.

The important thing is if our boss is coming here on meeting.

c)       Object of verb

I want to know if she was here yesterday or not.

How do you know wwhether he misses you?

d)      Object of prep

She told me about whether she is going to Jakarta next week.

3)      WH Question

Conj       : question words (who, whom, where, why, which, how, whose)

Contoh :

a)      Subject of verb

Who is handsome is my teacher.

When you studied at that university is never known by four friends.

b)      Subjective complement

My leisure time is when I am at home in the night.

My night friend is whom you called up last night.

c)       Object of verb

I never know whose house is at the corner of street.

I forget whoo was has crashed me on the way.

d)      Object of prep

She always tells about how she got success in her life.



3.       Adverbial clause

Adverbial caluse adlah kalusa yang berfungsi sebagai keterangan (adverb) yang menjelaskan kata kerja.

Types of Adverbial Clause

1)      Adv. Clause of time

Conj:

After, before, as, as soon as, every time, before, by the time, once, whenever, when, while, since, as long as, until

Contoh:

After she had graduated, she got a job.

I will call you as soon as you get home.

They were at home when their parents were going to Canada.

You can go whenever you have leisure time.

2)      Adv. Clause of reason

Conj:

Because, in as much as, as, since, now that, as/so long that

Prep:

Because of + N/Pron

Due to + N/Pron

Contoh:

Because he was sleepy, he went to bed

3)      Adv. Clause of place

Conj:

Where, whereever

Contoh:

I am studying where my father studied several years ago.

You can study whereever you want.

I will go whereever you go.

4)      Adv. Clause of purpose

Conj:

So that, that, in order that, for the purpose that

Contoh:

I turned off the TV in order that I could study well.

5)      Adv. Clause of result

Conj:

So adj/adv (that)

Such noun (that)

So (that)

Contoh:

It was such nice weather that we went to the zoo.

The weather was so nice that we went to the zoo.

She sang so beautifully that I was impressed.

He slept soundly, so (that) he didn’t know our coming.

6)      Adv. Clause of contrast

Conj:

Even tough, whereas (sedangkan)

 altough, while (sebaliknya)

tough (padahal)

Prep:

Despite + N/pron

In spite of + N/ pron

Contoh:

Even tough it was cold, i went swimming.

Altough she is far from me, she always thinks of me.

I went swimming despite of the cold wheather.

Marry is rich , whereas/ while John is poor.

Altough he is only a child, he works as hard as adult.

7)      Adv. Clause of condition

Conj:

If (jika)

 whether or not, even if (jika atau tidak)

unless (kecuali jika)

only if (hanya jika)

in case that, in the event that (seandainya, jika)

providing/ provided that (seandainya jika)

contoh:

a)      I will go swimming if it is not cold.

I will go swimming only if it is not cold.

b)      I’ll go swimming unless it is cold.

c)       I am going to go swimming whether or not it is cold.

I am going to go swimming even if it is cold.

d)      I’ll be at my uncle’s house in case (that) you pick me up.

I’ll be at my uncle’s house in the even (that) you pick me up.

e)      Providing/ provided (that) no one has question, the meeting will be ended.

8)      Adv. Clause of comparison (degree)

Conj:

As...as (+)

So...as...(-)

(comp)...than

Contoh:

I know he is not so diligent as I think.

They can work their projects as well as their boss (can).

Jack is smarter than John (is).

Mr. Brown went home earlier than Mr. Black (did).

Her mother is more beautiful than she (is).

9)      Adv. Clause of manner

Conj:

As, like (seperti)

As if, as tough (seolah-olah)

Contoh:

They acts as tough they were movie stars.

He always asks money as if h ewere poor.

I cannot do as you can do.

I never do like what you did.



Those all about kinds of clause guys.. Do you think that all the materials was so many guys ?

Hahahahaha.. just take it easy because here i have the solution to remember all of them.







Oke guys.. it is easy, isn’t it ?

Don’t ever say that grammar is difficult because we  can make it easier as long as we want to try and learn!



Cheerio!!!

Wassalamu’alaikum wr.wb.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to make tree diagram ?

NOUN PHRASE AND VERB PHRASE

Verb and Adverb